Dessert shooters make a fun and unique treat to take to a party. My no bake piña colada cheesecake shooters are the perfect mini dessert for summer fun!
Some of my best ideas come after serious failures. My original plan was to make piña colada cheesecake bars, but clearly that didn’t work out. My first test resulted in bars that didn’t set. When I did get them to set, they weren’t pineapple coconut-ty enough for me, so we went back to the drawing board and I decided to make dessert shooters instead. We never sacrifice flavor for a “look”, darlings. I’d say this worked out even better than planned though, because dessert shooters look equally at home at a backyard barbecue and an elegant evening soiree.
My pina colada dessert shooters have all the flavor of a pina colada cheesecake with none of the work. Seriously. It takes 5 minutes to throw all the cheesecake ingredients into a bowl and mix. You can use a stand mixer, or hand mixer, whatever you have – by hand works too if you want to work up a bit of a sweat! 😉 Then mix the crust ingredients in another bowl and voila! Magic. Well, almost. You do have to fill the shooter cups.
I like to use a piping bag because it makes the job very easy. Use a small spoon to drop in a bit of crust, pipe in a bit of the filling, spoon in another layer of crust, filling, and top. Done. Once you get your rhythm down, you can fill several dozen dessert shooter cups in minutes.
Speaking of shooter cups, you can find disposable miniature shot glasses at a party supply store or here on Amazon. Complete the serving set with mini dessert spoons. I used real dishes here, but you’ll see the disposables in action if you check out my tiki tea party tutorial. I’m very much in love with mini dessert parfaits this summer, clearly. If you’d prefer to just make one large dessert, layer your crust, filling, another sprinkling of crust, and filling in an 8″ square glass pan, you will want to show off the pretty layers after all. 😉
For another tasty dessert shooter recipe, check out Meaghan’s no bake key lime dessert shooters. They’d be a perfect pairing with my no bake pina colada cheesecake shooters for a miniature dessert party!
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened (4 8-ounce packages)
- 1 15 ounce can sweetened cream of coconut
- 1 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, well drained
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- pinch salt
- 1 cup toasted coconut flakes*
- Combine the "crust" ingredients in a mixing bowl, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. If you're using a stand mixer, use the paddle attachment. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add the cream of coconut and heavy cream, and whip until thickened, starting on low speed and gradually increasing to high. If you're using a stand mixer, use the whisk attachment here.
- Stir in the pineapple.
- To fill mini shooter cups: Place the filling into a piping bag or zip top plastic bag with the corner snipped off. Spoon a bit of crust into the bottom of your mini container, pipe in filling, add another bit of crust, more filling, and top with toasted coconut.* Repeat with the remaining containers/ingredients. Makes about 4 dozen.
- To make a larger dish: Press half the crust mixture into the bottom of an 8x8" glass dish. Top with half the cheesecake topping. Sprinkle the remaining crust over the first layer of cheesecake topping. Top with the remaining cheesecake. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Don't forget a serving spoon! 😉