This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EggcellentTreats #CollectiveBias
The weather is warming up and Easter is just around the corner which means… chocolate! Not only are there plenty of beautiful chocolates to eat, but it’s fun to make creative Easter desserts using seasonal candies like the BUTTERFINGER® Cup Eggs 6pk and BUTTERFINGER® Minis I picked up at Wal-Mart the other day. These brownie sundaes couldn’t be simpler to make because the brownies are baked right in your slow cooker! Top them with a dollop of ice cream and some chopped BUTTERFINGER® Minis, and you have one Easter dessert everyone will love!
Ever since I stumbled across the Baking Queen 74 blog by Lucy, I’ve been really testing out the limits of my slow cooker. I knew I could use it to bake bread, but I hadn’t really experimented too much using it to make desserts. Easter weekend is shaping up to be so busy for us this year, giving me just the motivation I needed to put together a really delicious, and easy, slow cooker dessert recipe.
I needed to make it a sundae because my sister came to visit for her birthday and picked up some ice cream from a local creamery they pass on the way to our house. Yum! Since we had ice cream left after their visit, how could I resist the promise of a brownie sundae? I decided to add my own little twist by topping the brownies with chopped up eggs from a BUTTERFINGER® Cup Eggs 6pk and then topping the sundae with diced BUTTERFINGER® Minis, because chocolate. I also appreciate that BUTTERFINGER® has no artificial colors and flavors, added colors from natural sources. And I mean, look at them, they’re just pretty inside and out. 😉
Semi-homemade recipes like these are fantastic to keep on hand for holidays. I love that I just mix up my brownies, set my slow cooker on low for about 3 hours while I run errands or do other things around the house. I come back to a house that smells gloriously of chocolate and BUTTERFINGER®, and an easy dessert ready to serve when needed. You can either cut the brownies warm about 20 minutes after the baking time is over, or let the brownies cool and just reheat in the microwave for 10 seconds to heat before adding ice cream.
Warm BUTTERFINGER® brownies and ice cream were meant to be. 😉
Feel free to get creative with the sundae toppings, but don’t forget the BUTTERFINGER® Minis. I like the crunch (and extra chocolate) they added to the sundae.
I hope you enjoy my recipe for BUTTERFINGER® slow cooker brownie sundaes!
BUTTERFINGER® Slow Cooker Brownie SundaesPrint
For the brownies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 6 oz semisweet or dark chocolate chips your choice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Cup BUTTERFINGER® Eggs 6 pk
To make the sundaes:
- Vanilla ice cream
- BUTTERFINGER® Minis
- Line your 5 or 6 quart slow cooker with parchment paper, making sure the paper goes up the sides of the slow cooker liner.
- Melt together the chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl or in a double boiler. Once the chocolate and butter are nice and smooth, stir in the oil, and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the sugar, eggs, salt, and cocoa powder.
- Stir the chocolate mixture into the sugar mixture, and then stir in the flour and baking soda. Mix until just combined.
- Pour your brownie batter into the slow cooker, spreading evenly.
- Chop the entire package of BUTTERFINGER® Cup Eggs into quarters and sprinkle the eggs over the brownies.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook the brownies on low for 3 hours, then remove the lid and cook an additional 20 minutes. They will look slightly under-baked in the center, but they're not.
- Remove the entire liner from the slow cooker (use mitts!) and cool on a rack 15 minutes before removing the brownies. Allow the brownies to cool at least 1 hour.
- Cut the brownies into 10 squares and serve as is or read on to make sundaes!
Assembling the Sundaes!
- To assemble your sundae place a brownie in a microwave safe bowl and heat 10 seconds to warm.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and chopped BUTTERFINGER® Minis.
Don’t forget to pin for later…
To find these treats at your local Wal-Mart, follow the sign on the left to the Easter section!