When you need a quick and easy weeknight dinner for the family, look no further than this easy sheet pan pizza! It’s a fun recipe you can make from scratch or shortcut hack. Even your pickiest eaters will ask when you’ll have the next pizza night.
As much as we may want to, it’s not possible to live off dessert alone! In the Main Dishes category, I share mostly easy family-friendly recipes.
The blog pre-dates my kids, so the amount of time I’ve had to cook has varied wildly over the years! That’s why you might notice the definition of “weeknight meal” shifts over time. Life happens, we have to eat through all of it.
The recipes included in this category are what I consider to be “centerpiece” recipes. Basically, they can be served on their own, or with a simple side, and make a full meal.
If you’re all about the pasta and carb dishes, here are some great recipes to check out:
- Garlicky lo-mein – takes just as long as takeout, but homemade!
- Easy sausage pasta
- Korean cold noodles – I found this recipe from another blogger, and some may consider it Americanized, but my kids love it, and it’s great to pack for lunches.
- Cheesy Chicken Tortellini – one of my go-to’s for freezer meals and meal trains.
You’ll also find some family recipes from both my family and my in-laws…
- Cuban Picadillo – this ground beef recipe is so versatile!
- “Stuffed” Rice Casserole – my mom made this as a budget meal for our family when I was a kid. But I still make it now because it’s so good! This one freezes well and is great for meal trains too. Use a clear glass casserole dish so you can see the layers!
- Cuban Black Beans – serve as a soup or with rice… black beans are a power food! The only modification I made to the way I learned how to make it was to add an Instant Pot modification. Because sometimes, dinner has to be ready quickly!
There’s so much more to explore, of course. I hope you find some fabulous new recipes to add to your menu!
Easy, economical, and flavorful, this slow cooker ranch pesto chicken recipe is a must-have for busy days! With just 3 ingredients, you can prepare a delicious main dish in minutes using your slow cooker. Tips for using a pressure cooker also included in the post!
Easy and flavorful, this easy slow cooker carnitas recipe is a lifesaver on busy weekdays! Tender, fall-apart-with-a-fork, carnitas ready to serve on tacos, burritos, or rice bowls. Extras freeze well for easy meals later!
Perfect for busy nights, this easy sausage pasta recipe is ready in under 30 minutes! With a few shortcuts, you can make an easy, creamy sausage pasta sauce the whole family will love… even when you’re short on time.
Definitely comfort food, this Kentucky hot brown casserole takes the flavors of the iconic sandwich and makes it easy to prep for a crowd. This casserole not only makes a great main dish for entertaining, it’s a good way to use up leftover turkey or roast chicken.
Smoked paprika herb salmon grilled in foil is a flavorful, almost effortless main dish. Season, cook, serve right in the foil. No matter how long it’s been since we’ve lived …