No bake white chocolate strawberry tart is a beautiful, and surprisingly easy no bake summer dessert!
We went strawberry picking recently. Have you noticed when you go strawberry picking, you always leave with triple the amount of berries you’d buy at the store? I love it though, because we eat a lot of fresh fruit, so the extra means I have for fun things, like this no bake strawberry tart!
Darlings, I’m in love with this tart. Isn’t it just beautiful? You really can’t improve on the beauty of fresh fruit. But if we must make a dessert (and we must), we just throw the fruit on a white chocolate base, make a glaze, and pretend we bought it at the local patisserie. You’d imagine so with the reactions this tart received.
I was really surprised it was as easy to make. The only thing you have to plan for when making this no bake white chocolate strawberry tart is chilling time. You’re going to need the crust to be nice and cold before you pour in the white chocolate ganache. This prevents the crust from separating or flaking into your ganache. And then you want the ganache to be set so that your berries don’t sink.
The white chocolate ganache base is an interesting one. Normally, I am not someone to add copious amounts of white chocolate to anything. But it works SO well here. It’s an alternative to the usual cheesecake bases, and keeps things a little lighter than a dark or milk chocolate ganache base. Not that those wouldn’t be delicious as well, just different.
When thinking about a nice springtime dessert recipe, the white chocolate felt like a better fit. And if your berries aren’t all very sweet, the white chocolate ganache helps temper and balance things out. Thinking about it, it would also be perrrrrrfect as a base for raspberries instead of strawberries. Or maybe some early season blackberries? So many ideas!
You’ll also want to keep the glaze if you plan to make this tart in advance. The glaze not only gives that beautiful professional sheen, it helps to protect your berries. As soon as you cut berries for placing on the tart, they start drying. The refrigerator is notorious for drying out baked goods, and cut fruit, so you need something to protect your work!
To understand how much of a difference the glaze makes, know that I made the tart the afternoon before I took these pictures. The tart sat in my refrigerator, very loosely covered in plastic wrap, for 24 hours before I got the opportunity to take my shots. Leave a cut strawberry in your refrigerator for 24 hours with no container or protection, and it’s going to look a bit sad. Not with your glaze!
You will likely end up with extra glaze you can save to use within a week on another tart if you’d like. This is assuming you are not pouring the glaze on and instead use a pastry brush as I did. Pouring would give you a much thicker coating, which might not be the look you want if you’re trying to show off your gorgeous berries!
I hope you enjoy this recipe for a no bake white chocolate strawberry tart! Check out the video to see how easily it comes together. Enjoy, darlings!
No Bake White Chocolate Strawberry Tart
Showcase spring and summer's favorite fruit in this easy no bake white chocolate strawberry tart!
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted (salted or unsalted is fine)
White chocolate ganache filling
- 12 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
Topping and Glaze
- 4 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced in half
- 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Combine your graham cracker crumbs and sugar in a bowl. Stir in the butter until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Press your crust into a 9-inch round tart tin, or a rectangular tar tin. A pan with a removable bottom works best.
- Place the crust in the refrigerator to chill 20-30 minutes.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter for the ganache and then add the heavy cream and bring just to a simmer. Do not allow the cream to boil.
- Pour the hot cream and butter mixture over your white chocolate and allow to sit for 1 minute. Stir until smooth and then allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once your ganache has cooled to room temperature, but is still easy to pour, pour into your chilled tart crust. Refrigerate one hour, up to overnight, until the ganache is firm.
- Prepare your glaze by crushing 1/2 cup of your strawberries and placing in a small sauce pan with the water. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium high heat and cook at a low boil for 3-5 minutes. Allow to cool 10 minutes, then push through a fine mesh strainer to remove the pulp from the juice.
- In the same saucepan, stir together the sugar, salt, and cornstarch. Slowly whisk in the strawberry juice, stirring until smooth. Place the pan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for about 3 minutes, until the glaze is thick and not cloudy. Remove immediately to a heat proof container and set aside to cool.
- Remove your tart from the refrigerator and arrange the remaining sliced strawberries over the white chocolate ganache. Use a pastry brush to cover the tart with glaze. Chill until ready to serve. May be made up to a day in advance. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
30 Delicious and Easy No Bake Summer Desserts - Kindly Unspoken
Monday 24th of February 2020
[…] No Bake White Chocolate Strawberry Tart from Goodie Godmother […]