Easy to make with just a few ingredients, this crazy feta dip copycat recipe is inspired by a local to us quick service chain restaurant, CAVA Grill.
About a year or so ago, a local blogger friend of mine, Sarah from Capital Moms, was hosting a blogger event to celebrate the opening of a local restaurant’s new location. I decided to attend and totally fell in love with the place. Cava Grill is a local chain that serves Mediterranean food in the “walk through a line and pick your base/protein/toppings” format so popular nowadays. The Godfather and I like it, and we’ve been to several locations since that initial event, because it’s good food. The nearest location is about 20 minutes away in decent traffic though. So naturally, I took some inspiration from their menu, and I replicated their crazy feta dip and make my own crazy feta dip copycat recipe.
It helps that the ingredients are easily accessible. You might have everything on hand now if you’ve got feta cheese in the fridge.
What I love about this dip is that it’s so versatile! Whip it together in a few minutes and then serve it at a party as a crazy easy appetizer with crackers or veggies. Or you can use it on sandwiches and wraps as a tasty condiment. The dip keeps about 3 days in the refrigerator, so you can make this in advance.
I’d also like to point out that this is a great introductory feta recipe for the feta-hesitant in your life. The Godfather is not as much a fan of brine-y flavors as I am, and this dip just about always makes it onto his order when we go to Cava. I hope you enjoy this crazy easy crazy feta copycat recipe! It’s a good one to keep on hand for entertaining. 😉
- 8 ounces feta, crumbled, 227 g
- 1/2 ounce seeded and finely diced jalapeno pepper (about 2 tbsp), 18 g
- 2/3 cup finely diced red onion, 100 g
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Combine everything in a small bowl or a small food processor and either mash with a fork or pulse 4-5 times until combined but still slightly chunky.
- Adjust seasonings and add a bit more olive oil if needed to get to desired consistency. Refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 3 days.