Simple, fresh flavors are the best way to dress up this colorful Greek oven roasted vegetables dish.
When it comes to vegetables, I appreciate simplicity. It’s not that more complex dishes aren’t fun, but for everyday, simple is best. When the weather gets cooler outside, I like to make oven roasted vegetables because it’s easy, and roasting lends itself well to most in-season winter veggies. It’s fun to change things up occasionally though, and that’s just what this Greek oven roasted vegetables recipe does.
I first tried a version of this recipe on a road trip. We hit a lot of traffic, so the Godfather and I decided to stop and feed everyone dinner. We found a little quick service Mediterranean place and ordered a few dishes, including a side of their roasted vegetables. Those vegetables were the most memorable part of the meal! The Godfather, normally not a fan of feta cheese, loved them, and Princess A picked out all whatever her current favorites were at the time. I had to recreate this at home!
Feel free to use whatever combination of vegetables you’d like, this recipe is very easily adapted to whatever is seasonal and ultra fresh. I used bell peppers, sweet onion, and zucchini. The lemon and feta at the end are simply perfection and keep this dish light and bright. I actually want to give this a go on the grill this summer, but for now, I’ll roast my vegetables in the oven and pretend I’m somewhere warmer.
I hope you enjoy this super easy Greek oven roasted vegetables recipe. It’s simply gorgeous!
- 2 cups diced sweet onion, about one medium/large
- 3 cups diced bell pepper, about 2 peppers
- 2 cups diced zucchini, about 3/4 lb
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1-2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, the juice from half a lemon
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat your oven to 425 F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Mix all your ingredients except the feta cheese in a large mixing bowl and arrange on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until the vegetables are cooked and showing a bit of char on the edges.
- Remove, adjust seasonings as needed, and top with crumbled feta cheese. Serve warm with additional lemon slices if desired.